I needn't have to give any introduction.Its indeed everyone's favorite
- Dosa batter - as required
- Aloo masala - as required
- Oil / ghee / butter - a teaspoon for each dosa
Masala dosa batter preparation can be seen in this page "Masala Dosai Batter"
Aloo masala preparation can be seen in this link "Masala Dosa Filling"
- Dilute the dosa batter with little water.Making sure it is of pouring / droping consistency
- Before commencing the dosa preparation follow the tips given in the link "Preparing Dosa Tawa"
- Keep the tawa in high flame and pour a ladle of dosa batter in the center
- Spread well using the back side of the ladle.It should be a thin layer
- Within few seconds you will notice small bubbles appearing.Now simmer the flame and add a teaspoon full of ghee around the edges of dosa. Close it with the lid
- Open the lid say after a minute and touch it with dosa thiripi / karandi / ladle.The karandi should be clean (ie) the batter should not stick on to it.No need to flip on to the other side
- Now carefully spread the masala filling on to the center
- Using the dosa thiripi fold one side of the dosa (see the pic below)
- Fold the other side also
- Take it out carefully and transfer it onto a plate