Monday, August 29, 2011

Elaneer Payasam (aka) Tender Coconut Pudding

This is indeed my favorite payasam and was a special highlight in my "Kalyana Sapadu".For a long time I thought it is tedious job to make this payasam and a secret recipe too. But after seeing a cookery show by Revathy Shanmugam last week I made up my mind to try it immediately and it resulted in a mouth watering  dish


Ingredients

  • Milk - 500 ml / 1/2 ltr packet
  • Sugar - 1 cup
  • Coconut milk - 200 ml (I used the tetra pack)
  • Tender coconut pulp - 3/4 cup (cut into small flakes)


Method
  • Boil milk and switch off the stove.Leave it for 5 minutes
  • Now transfer the boiled milk into a big pan and stir it in a low flame for 20 minutes exactly.Sir continuously without taking out your hand to prevent burning
  • Add sugar and stir it for 5 minutes in low flame
  • Switch off the stove and refrigerate it. Take it out after 1/2 hour
  • Divide coconut milk into two parts.Dilute one part with 1/2 cup of water.
  • Add the undiluted coconut milk to the chilled milk.Mix well (should not heat it)
  • Also pour in the diluted coconut milk and mix well
  • Finally add the chopped tender coconut flesh 
  • Serve it chilled

Note

  • After refrigerating the boiled and condensed milk "No Heating" is involved while adding and mixing coconut milk and tender coconut flesh


3 comments:

  1. It sounds so delcious n very authentic!
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the episode too. Was waiting for an occasion to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice recipe....as I told you earlier, I have tasted it once in a restaurant in B'lore...would love to give it a try at home

    ReplyDelete