Very popular in South Indian Cusines
- Set dosa batter - as needed
- Water - to dilute the batter
- Oil - as needed
The method of dosa maavu / batter preparation can be seen in this page "Set Dosai Batter"
- Dilute the dosa batter with little water.Making sure it is of pouring / droping consistency
- Before commencing the dosa preparation follow the tips given in the link "Preparing Dosa Tawa"
- Keep the tawa in high flame and pour a ladle of dosa batter in the center
- Spread as a thick layer using back of the ladle
- After a minute or so you will notice small bubbles appearing.Now simmer the flame and add a teaspoon full of oil around the edges of dosa. Close it with the lid
- Open the lid say after a minute and touch it with dosa thiripi / karandi / ladle.It karandi should be clean (ie) the batter should not stick on to it.No need to flip on to the other side
- Make 4 dosas set them one over the other before serving
Set dosai / Kal dosai is ready.Serve it with chutney / Sambar
It goes well with "Vadakari"