Oil - 2 teaspoons
Mustard - 1 teaspoon
Urad Dhall - handful or less
Channa Dhall - handful or less
Red Chillies - 3 or more
Tamrind - small ball (size of a goli)
Salt - As required
Coconut Scrapings - 3 teaspoons (optional)
Water - for grinding
- Heat oil in a pan and season with mustard seeds.
- When it pops add dhalls and red chillies.Roast it till the dhalls become golden brown
- Also fry the tamarind ball for a second
- Grind the fried items with little water
- Add salt and run the mixer once more
- If needed add coconut scrapings at the end while grinding
- Thogayal is ready....